Will you join us on a journey to disrupt the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travellers, data, and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveller can make the best informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Software Test Automation Engineer to help build the best user experience for our brand new product. You will be joining our Customer Experience Tribe. As the first Software Test Automation Engineer joining the tribe (and company) you will work closely with the Head of Engineering and Engineering Leads and have a leading role in shaping the test practices and adopting frameworks. You will also actively collaborate with the software engineers, UX experts, data analysts, and POs in the team.
We are working with a modern stack consisting of ES2016, React 16, Redux and Ramda. We use Babel and Webpack and our server runs on Node.js, while our APIs are built with Go and Elixir. We employ unit, snapshot, and end-to-end testing where it adds value, and use Flow and ESLint / Prettier to keep our code base in good shape, even with multiple A/B tests running simultaneously. We work in a flexible, results-oriented and customer-centric team structure, focussed on shipping value in a collaborative fashion, with hopefully just the right amount of bureaucracy.
What you will actually be doing / responsibilities
- Work in a team to define and implement test automation best practices and automation frameworks and integrate those with the development frameworks and CI/CD
- Identify opportunities for improvements in terms of code quality, automation tests and framework quality, feature and overall product quality
- Help improving our test automation infrastructure and scale it to support our continuous growth in a cost-effective way
- Evaluate, propose and implement test automation tools and frameworks
- Define critical paths and fit-for-purpose automation test coverage for the different type of tests and various features and interactions with services
- Create general test plans consisting of automation and manual test to cover happy flows and edge cases that identify critical defects increasing the reliability and quality of the product
- Actively work with the rest of the team to educate and support the growth of our engineers and PO in the domain of test automation and product quality
What a day in the office might look like
In the morning, you and your fellow engineers sit down with your PO, UX designer to discuss the design and implementation of a new feature. You carefully consider the impact of the new feature on the entire product and support the team with identifying the appropriate tests cases and test coverage to ensure quality. You raise questions that help refine the requirements and uncover impact on other parts of the system. Later on you work with an engineer to implement additional automation tests to increase the coverage and ensure the quality of a new feature. After lunch with the team you play table tennis or pool or go for a walk with colleagues in the city center. In the afternoon, you continue the work on a performance test framework and stress test the application. Throughout the day you were keeping an eye on the application dashboard in DataDog and checked the effect on a newly released feature in Looker (there you see the impact on business metrics).
Who we are looking for / requirements
- You hold a BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field
- You have previous experience in a product company in e-commerce or online travel
- You have a proven track record of designing and implementing test automation frameworks for high-load customer facing web applications
- You have a proven track record of test planning, test scenarios formulation, automation and execution
- You have solid experience with requirements analysis and defining critical paths together with a PO
- You have experience with visualising and efficiently communicating test results to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You have extensive hands-on experience with unit, integration, end-to-end, snapshot, performance and load testing
- You have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with test automation tools such as Puppeteer, Selenium Web Driver, Playwright, BrowserStack, Nightwatch
- You have solid experience with continuous testing in an agile environment
- You are proficient in setting up infrastructure to run automated tests in (parallel) in CI/CD
- You are flexible, curious, and independent, supporting the Head of Engineering and the engineers leads in prioritizing the effort
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with any of AWS, GitLab, Terraform, Jenkins and Travis is a plus
Why join now?
- We continue to hire and grow, look at how we not only survived the Corona-crisis but also thrived.
- This year we will be helping +1M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features
- We are in fast growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% YOY for the past 2 years and plan to continue doing so in the coming years
- Completing our mission means building an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make an impact in the online world.
Is FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden
Blog posts worth reading: