Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that millions of developers will love.
We are looking for a passionate, results oriented, and motivated self-starter to lead product within our Compute products team. Looking for someone with cloud computing domain knowledge, especially with hands-on experience launching and supporting large/distributed cloud compute products and services. The Product Manager, Technical will build products and features to drive Compute product initiatives while improving operational and capital expenditure.
You will get to work with a team of high-energy and dedicated product managers, designers, and engineers to impact the lives of developers by simplifying innovation for them. This role is a great opportunity for experienced Product Managers with expertise in IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS who want to have a real impact, both within the company and in the developer community at large, and launch products that are used and loved by thousands of developers worldwide.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop the technical strategy and vision and translate it into creative, high quality, simple features.
- Define performance criteria across the suite of products and features.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and drive improvements across operational and capital expenditure.
- Develop business cases and model unit economics for products and features.
- Act as technical thought leader in the development process, cross team collaboration and prioritizing and grooming the product backlog.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to translate Product Investments into technical investments for the core engineering teams.
- Create and drive internal as well as external community engagement plan.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Ability to collaborate and lead a matrixed cross-functional Product Development team
- Hands-on, proven experience and domain knowledge in the cloud computing space, preferably building and delivering compute products & services.
- Ability to analyze data and articulate user hypotheses in terms of objective measures, and project KPI impact of new features
- An understanding of the challenges that developers face when selecting an infrastructure platform, and a vision for how great products can help
- Technical knowledge to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product and advocate for a customer base made up of professional developers
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to drive productive meetings, create effective and useful product documents
- Deep understanding of cloud computing infrastructure, virtualization stacks, operating systems, networking and container technologies
- Experience with large-scale, highly available and performant distributed systems is a plus
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.