Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world to discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times — and, with more than 11 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews — komoot is on its way to becoming one of the most popular cycling and hiking apps. Join our fully remote team of 60+ people and change the way people explore! We are now looking for a smart and talented senior product designer to take over the design of one of komoot’s core products on all platforms (Web, iOS, Android). You will become an essential part of a high performing team where continuous improvement, collaboration, open feedback and communication is expected, encouraged and rewarded. You will own and drive the design of one of our products across all above mentioned platforms.
Your key responsibilities
- Own and drive the design of one of the core komoot products on all platforms (Web, iOS, Android). You will be the designer in a cross-functional team, working closely with developers, product managers and copywriters in order to provide the best possible design solutions. You’ll also oversee the implementation of your work across all platforms.
- Partner with product managers and developers to define problems and goals, map user flows, prototype interactions or polish existing features.
- Be autonomous and proactively draft layouts and interfaces, come up and prototype new features or improve the existing ones. You will work in quick iterations based on real feedback from our users and solid metrics.
- Work with other designers on improving design systems, fast processes and bringing design at komoot to the next level.
Why you will love it
- Your work will enable millions of people to have awesome outdoor experiences.
- You’ll build and improve a product that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your own outdoor trips.
- You’ll be working in fast cycles and continuously improve features based on direct user feedback.
- You will become a key player amongst a team of highly motivated and talented people.
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house or anywhere else that lies in any time zone situated between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 6+ years cross platform design experience (Web, Android, iOS) building an awesome digital product and product features, ideally from an in-house environment.
- Have an excellent eye for design and attention to detail: You’re obsessed with designing and optimizing awesome products that users love.
- You are an excellent team player and enjoy working in small, tight knit teams in a highly collaborative fashion, alongside developers and a product manager.
- You are a great facilitator with outstanding communication skills. You want to be an essential part of a high performing cross functional team where continuous improvement, collaboration, open feedback and communication is expected, encouraged and rewarded.
- You deeply care about the impact of your work, you enjoy solving problems of all kinds for different kinds of users. You are used to testing your solutions through regular and continuous user feedback as well as metrics and A/B tests.
- You are passionate about digital product design and you have a user focused mentality. You easily balance the newest industry approaches and pragmatic, data-driven product design solutions.
Sounds like you?
Send us the following
- Your CV.
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot.
- At least 3 relevant examples of your work explaining your contribution in each of them.
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account or your OpenStreetMap profile (if you have one).