Who is Litmus?
Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus™ email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
What would I do at Litmus?
As our environment grows, we're looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer with extensive experience designing and building analytical stores, and the tools and processes that contribute to these stores. This is an influential role with the primary responsibility for the design and implementation of our data lake, data warehouse and any related big data projects.
- Natural troubleshooting skills: comfortable investigating any problem, knowing when to ask for help
- Strong analytical skills: identifying and predicting problems, collecting data to support your conclusions
- Experience in production operations work with AWS warehousing data stores and related tooling
- Hands-on technical experience with two or more analytical stores/tools, such as AWS Redshift, Glue, Athena or Lake Formation
- Demonstrable experience creating data stores and pipelines in an AWS environment
- Solid understanding of SQL and DB performance-tuning concepts
- Experience integrating various structured and unstructured data sources
- Be minimally comfortable with Linux and Windows platforms
- Be skilled at analyzing how applications interact with storage systems
- Have some comfort level with associated AWS services, such as RDS, S3, Lambda, and/or Kinesis
- Be able to review an environment holistically to recommend and make performance, dependability and cost optimizations
- Be comfortable with automation tools, such as Terraform or Cloudformation
- Have a reasonable grasp of encryption and related data security concepts
- Be comfortable with writing code. Experience with Python is a plus
- Understand how to do capacity planning
- Be a member of the SRE team, and bring your expertise to join with ours
- Be responsible for tuning of production environment performance and handle regular maintenance
- Work closely with the Data and Analytics team to design, build and maintain our warehouse and analytical systems and workflows
- Recommend and apply appropriate best practices, with the aim of reducing complexity and toil, as well as keeping systems secure
- Share your knowledge and expertise across teams
- Manage the backup and restore of data storage systems
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, and we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats and public holidays.
- Remote-friendly culture. No matter where you are, you'll feel connected to the team. Over half of our employees work remotely. Your work experience is just as exciting, entertaining and engaging wherever you choose to work from.
- Family-friendly. Flexible schedules, along with generous maternity and paternity leave policies.
- Fantastic professional training to keep your skills sharp.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 300,000 marketers, you know you’re part of a winning team!