Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team in Atlanta, GA. For candidates outside of the Atlanta area, we will consider a remote employee.
Do you love bringing products to life for customers? Is your passion for identifying and solving customer problems? Do you love asking questions to dig deeper and learn more? Are you an expert at pulling nuggets out of research and data to help tell a product story? If so, Manheim Marketing is looking for you.
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for being both an advocate and key spokesperson for assigned products and will serve as a product subject matter expert within the Manheim Marketing organization. By applying your knowledge of current and future product plans, you will lead the development of compelling value propositions and insightful market positioning and strategy to help drive revenue and achieve agreed-upon business goals. This role will collaborate with internal departments such as Product Management, Sales, Operations, Market Research, and teams within Marketing, including Content, Field Marketing, and Channel Marketing.
The ideal candidate will have experience in product, portfolio, or solutions marketing. Experience in crafting marketing approaches that address key customer pain points and target audiences is key. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Product Marketing.
- Develop and oversee the product marketing approach for a suite of products, identifying positioning, value propositions, competitive comparisons, research and data insights and target audiences that will inform development of marketing content & assets.
- Develop and articulate clear and compelling customer pain points, market positioning, and value statements to guide the content strategy with key internal & external communication departments (marketing, training, etc.)
- Serve as day-to-day marketing contact to business partners, product leads, sales team and internal marketing team to align go-to-market strategies, operational enhancements, and tactics with the product roadmap
- Develop positioning and go-to-market approach for new product launches and key product enhancements
- Create annual and quarterly marketing plans to drive product/service revenue and adoption for assigned product portfolio.
Monitor research, competitors, customers, sales engagements, internal data and insights, etc. to identify customer needs and market opportunities.
Energize company internally and customers with compelling presentations, customer successes, exciting wins, etc.
Understand product decision-makers, users and influencers to inform product development, messaging, and sales/marketing approaches.
Determines appropriate prioritization of projects based on revenue opportunity and market/customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing field.
- Excellent communication skills – both spoken and written.
- Polished presentation skills, with ability to influence partners and engage with various levels within the organization.
- Outstanding follow-through, time management, and project management skills to deliver results.
- Proactive, intellectually curious, self-starter, with a strong desire to continually learn and grow.
- Marketing or Product Marketing experience and background.
- Analytics or analytical knowledge, or related market research skills.
- Prior experience in the automotive industry.
- Prior experience in a sales driven, B2B organization.
- Pragmatic Marketing certified
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.