We are looking for a focused product manager to direct and manage a new product business at Mozilla. This includes strong product management and business leadership skills. We are launching new products aligned with our mission of building a better internet for a better world.
The successful candidate for this role should possess deep skills in the functions around building new internet businesses: a laser focus on users, product management, engineering management, marketing, business planning and general leadership skills. A strong product leader will drive clarity on the product and business itself, and rally the org in this direction, all while achieving predictable business results.
We pride ourselves on being a different kind of company, and this leader should both represent our values and carry the business forward.
Specific experience in markets such as: consumer internet and mobile apps, security and privacy, new VR experiences, data and identity.
As an Entrepreneurial Product Leader, you will be:
The primary champion of your product and voice for your users, responsible for driving a product to market and adapting to user feedback. You will aggressively discover opportunities to make your product better and grow use. You will work with our global community and partners, including the open source community, to not just build a product but have an impact on the internet for the better.
How we work matters just as much as our expertise. This role must embody our values, and be a coach, a listener, and a unifier. We hope to raise up voices on our teams, our customers and our community that otherwise wouldn’t be heard to make sure we build the best possible product. We expect our leaders to run our teams with empathy and respect despite pushing hard towards growth -- both of these skills are compatible and necessary.
Expectations for the role:
- Define the product and the market
- Get prototypes to market fast to validate and test hypotheses
- Have a clear vision for the future and a rational business plan to support it
- Drive a user-centric methodology for product development
- Implement with engineering best practices while avoiding rabbit holes of tech for tech’s sake
- Drive a relentless forward focus - what’s next, what do users want, growth
- Attract the best possible talent with a keen understanding of the value of diverse and representative teams
- Drive day to day operations while proactively mitigating business, operational & governance risks
- 5+ years of experience leading and scaling a high growth start-up
- Proven experience impacting rapid growth of an entrepreneurial or startup company
- First hand experience defining and launching successful products
- Highly collaborative and self-motivated, with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Highly respect and promote diversity & inclusion in the workplace by identifying and supporting diversity and inclusion strategies
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- A balance of data-driven, operational and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive a strong go-to-market strategy and growth
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.