Xerpa is building a new generation of technology-enabled financial services that improve the lives of millions of working Brazilians. Employer-sponsored fintech benefits are more inclusive and less costly than products traditionally offered by banks, and they save companies millions. Xerpa’s position at the intersection of the HR-Tech and Fintech worlds allow us to lead this revolution through Xerpay, our “salary-on-demand” product and through our mobile-first HR platform. Xerpa is backed by Kaszek Ventures, Redpoint e.ventures, QED Investors and two of the founders of Nubank.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for an engineer lead that is passionate about building financial products.
How Xerpas work:
- We are a “rope team”: we challenge and support each other, and we celebrate together.
- We are committed to constantly improving our products so that our customers love every one of them.
- We each act boldly in pursuit of the summit.
- We invest heavily in our team members, who invest heavily in us.
- Prior experience leading and inspiring engineering teams;
- Comfortable with XP practices (pair programming, TDD, focus on small releases);
- Product-minded engineering, interest in the product itself, collaborating with your peers to build a better product;
- Strong software architecture fundamentals;
- You are interested in functional programming;
- Excellent communication skills; ability to explain your approach and the impact of your work to non-technical stakeholders in a way that is clear to them and renegotiate technical scope if necessary;
- Proven track record of planning and shipping custom workflows using different integrations is a bonus;
- Candidates must be able to legally work in Brazil.
Compensation & Benefits
- We have a beautiful office in Vila Madalena and a “remote first” culture. You can choose to work at the office or remotely.
- We pay for health insurance plans for our team members and their children (under 18). We also offer dental insurance plans.
- Salary on-demand (Xerpay!)
- We offer (pre-tax) restaurant and grocery benefits (“vale refeição” and “vale alimentação”).
- We’re friends with each other and work in a supportive and casual environment.
- Work closely with the top venture capital funds operating in the Brazilian market, and their portfolio companies.
Our philosophy on diversity:
We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to better decision making, a better environment for Xerpas and a better experience for our customers.